Thursday 22 March 2007

Comment on the Coursework (blog 5)

Well finally we got the coursework and thanks to Jane chandler who came to our college and gave us very valuable information about the coursework.
When I first looked at the coursework when it was handed to me and to all classmates I was scared that how I am going to do it because I have other course work to do as well, anyway when I came to know the submission date for this course work I was a bit relaxed after that.
The course work seems to be alright, doesn’t look very easy neither very hard but It is lengthy.

TASK1 (UML Designing)

If we talk about the task 1 which is based on UML designing in terms of Strategy, Decorator and Adaptor patterns. First of all what I think that it is not possible for anyone to complete this task unless you understand how UML diagrams are designed. If you know how to design UML diagrams than this Task is easy to attempt because we just have to come up with four UML diagrams and of course we need to design them by adapting the above three mentioned design patterns and apply them to the prototype of customer records.

TASK2 (Coding) & TASK3( Patterns and Software Development)

I am making my mind to do task 2 (coding) but still confused I might attempt task 3 which is a bit theoretical. Although there is much possibility of doing the coding task because I have been programming since more than two years but I haven’t done programming using patterns. Task 3 is not tough as well but I am thinking what tasks should I attempt.

TASK4 (Essay writing)

I think this is most difficult question in this course work in which we have to write an essay about anti patterns and write our point of view on anti patterns. This task could have been easy if there was no specific scenario given. Writing an essay of 600 words reminds me of my school days when I use to write essays on different topics but never got a chance to write an essay related to computing and it is really hard to get good marks when you are writing an essay. I am looking forward to do my level best to take this task as my 3rd task.

TASK5 (Blog)

I love blog because we just have to write whatever we understood from the lecture given in the class so there is not as such research involved in it. So I am happy to do the blog task. Basically in this task we just have to write what we learnt from our lecturer on each class. So we didn’t understand the lecture very well the other way we can do a bit research online about the topic which was taught in the class and then write it in our own words or do referencing.

Overall,Coding and the essay writing are the tasks in which we have to be very careful how are we using patterns and what are we writing about patterns, rest I think its straight forward.
Please give your comments

5 comments:

Bash said...

You have explained every in & out of the coursework. Good Job !

Abbas said...

I hope he is able to do them as well in a much better way lol...anyways the coursework to me looks okay, it has some difficulties specially task 4. I have understanding of UML so i would go for that and skip Task-2 coz OOP often goes over my head..
so i would do; Task-1, 3, 4 and 5

richie rich said...

I am glad to here that you are doing task 2 brave boy. I have chosen to do task 1,3,4,5. I believe these are the easiest of the bunch but as you said you have being doing programming so you are better equip for task 2.

I like to write as you can see so unlike what you said task 4 (essay) should be a walk in the park especially when they give you a topic to write about. the other task is realatively quite simple enough. For me task 1 is the hardest having little experience in this area its going to be late nights reading up on UML.

SIHLONGONYANE.I said...

hii Hani,

I agree with your views on the course work though i think you missed something on task 1. I feel before you start working on the UML diagram you should have done your analysis and thats where task 1 question ii)comes in the picture.You have to know from your prototype where your patterns will be required.I am doing task1 too if it doesnt send me crazy then i will never go crazy.Goodluck and dont forget to evaluate those patterns.I hope you ejoyed blogging you bet i did.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.